RPT Driver Training
03 Copley Close
Tel: 01422 230579
would you like to make an appointment or receive more details.
Then please contact us fill out the form or give us a call
we look forward to helping you
|Monday - Friday||08:00 - 20:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Outside of business hours you can contact us on 07894810675 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us from www.facebook.com/rptdrivertraining|
Driving Instructor Terms and Conditions
1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If a photo card
licence is held, then both card and counterpart must be produced. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 24 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 24 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or cheque. Your instructor will advise you to whom the cheque should be made payable.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.